Ben loves to play outside, in almost any way you can imagine. He works full time as a professor of Adventure Leadership at Lyndon State College. Prior to LSC, he spent the 9 years at The White Mountain School and served as director of White Mountain Climbing Camp. Ben has taught college Adventure Education courses at UNH, Plymouth State University, and the University of Northern Colorado, in addition to leading extended wilderness courses throughout the American northeast, northwest, Canadian Rockies and Alaska.
Ben is an avid backcountry skier, mountain biker, and a rock and ice climber. He is excited to share his passion for using the outdoors to help students learn and teach.
Guiding and Teaching Credentials
- AMGA Certified Rock Instructor
- AMGA Certified Single Pitch Assistant Instructor
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Level I and Level 2 Avalanche Certification
Guiding and Teaching Experience
- Mountaineering, rock, ice climbing instructor from 2004 to 2013 with The White Mountain School.
- Director of White Mountain Climbing Camp.
- 12 years on Rock, ice, and snow
- Sport routes to 5.12a
- Traditional routes to 5.10+
- Ice routes to 4+
Other Credentials and Achievements
- Professional Member of the AMGA
- Ph.D. in Education from the University of New Hampshire (2012)