I have been adventuring since I was a child when my family took annual summer vacations backpacking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. My love for the outdoors grew from that seed. I added winter mountaineering to my list of outdoor passions while in college and started rock climbing in the late 1980s.
My adventures have taken me to Washington's Mt Rainier, Nevada's Red Rock Canyon, Montana's Tobacco Root Mountains, the Wisconsin Dells, the Shawangunks in New York and throughout New England. I have been a professional mountain guide since 1998. My current certifications and adventure education include AMGA Single Pitch Instructor, AMGA Certificate of Completion Rock Instructor course, American Red Cross Small Craft Safety Canoeing, Wilderness First Responder medical training and American Heart Association CPR.
In addition to my work for Art at Mooney Mountain Guides I am an Adventure Guide for the YMCA working with the Outdoor Adventure Program, the indoor Climbing Gym and Challenge course. I have also have been guiding for the Kismet Rock Foundation in North Conway since the summer of 2000. I have extensive experience working with adolescents and have a passion to support youth.
Guiding and Teaching Credentials
- AMGA Certified Single Pitch Instructor
- AMGA Rock Instructor Course
- AMGA Top Rope Course
- Wilderness First Responder
Guiding and Teaching Experience
- Greater Manchester Family YMCA adventure guide since 1998
- Summer adventure camp staff
- High and low ropes course facilitator
- Climbing gym instructor and route setter
- Kismet Rock Foundation rock climbing instructor since 2000
- Independent guiding with a focus on small groups
- Rock climbing around the US including climbing sites in Nevada, Washington, New York, Wisconsin, Montana and New England.
- Ice and alpine climbing including Mt. Rainier, Mt. Katahdin and throughout the White Mountains of NH.
Other Credentials and Achievements
- Member of the AMGA
- American Heart Association CPR
- Attended Plymouth State College and Berklee College of Music
- Married with 3 children – 2 of whom climb