One of my first climbing experiences, following a friend of mine up Cathedral Ledge, greatly impacted my life and sparked in me a passion that has stayed with me. As a full-time academic teacher, I have been fortunate enough to spend numerous summers in Plymouth, heading to the White Mountains as frequently as possible. In addition to pursuing my own personal climbing goals, I enjoy the chance to hone my teaching skills in a venue other than the traditional classroom.
During the academic year, I teach English at a boarding school in Massachusetts and periodically assist the schoolï¿½ï¿½s outdoor program.
Guiding and Teaching Credentials
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor 2008
- AMGA Rock Instructor Course graduate 2004
- First Responder
Guiding and Teaching Experience
- 2 years of guiding and instructional experience for MMG summer programs
- 4 years Director of the Climbing Program Tilton School
- Climbing since 1994 in the New England, New York, North Carolina Montana, and California areas
- Sport routes to 5.12b
- Traditional routes to 5.10
Other Credentials and Achievements
- Associate Member of the AMGA
- BS in Psychology-English from Union College
- M.Ed from the University of Pennsylvania